Sunday 15 May 2011

Yoga in Australia!

May 15, 2011
A couple of weeks ago I decided to join the Broadway Gym. Since the day I joined, I have been going to Yoga Classes, They are simply amazing. Back at home I use to go twice a month, but I have realized that the teachers from Australia are far better than the ones in my country. I could see the difference because after the first class my body felt very sore the next day. Yoga is deceptively simple. You unroll a mat and you stretch a little. What could be simpler than that?! But once you get into the practice you can see there's so much more beneath the surface. The poses are just a very small part. The simplest of poses can be extremely complex at the same time when you pay attention to the little nuances and the energy that make it special. I have learned about some very interesting poses that they use here, but didn’t in my country. Some of the poses include: Triangle, Warrior 2, and Downward Dog. The way I see it, through the practice of yoga, we get to know ourselves better. I am definitely going to keep on going to yoga classes back at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment