Sunday 8 May 2011

Ocean Kayaking!

May 7, 2011
This week I decided to write my blog on a sport I did this Easter break in Fiji. The sport I did several times while on vacation was Ocean Kayaking. Before I start with my blog I would like to give a little background on it. A kayak is a slim boat that is use for moving around the water and for paddling at the same time. Kayaks can be made of metal, fiberglass, wood, plastic, fabrics, and inflatable fabrics such as rubber. Each material also has its specific advantage, including strength, durability, portability, flexibility, and resistance.  The one I used in Fiji was the one made out of plastic. Since the resort where I was staying had several kayaks, for people to use whenever they felt like it, I always used to go out in the morning and kayak for about an hour. I had never kayak before, so it was kind of hard at first, but after two days of practice I began to feel confident and went out further on the ocean. I had seen people do this sport in my home country, but the ocean is definitely better here.


No comments:

Post a Comment