Wednesday 13 April 2011

Adrenaline Rush!-Water Rafting


March 5, 2011
Before I start with this blog I want to give you brief information on White water rafting. White water rafting is known as one of the most dangerous sports that have ever existed. It is a challenging recreational outdoor activity using an inflatable raft to navigate a river. This is usually done on different degrees of rough water. This sport has become popular since the mid 1970s and it is considered an extreme sport. I have to admit, today was one of the most incredible days of my life. I woke up very early and excited to go water rafting, we had to be at the wake up hostel no later than 7:00 AM. From there we began our adventure with a 90 minute drive through the stunning Orara Valley to the Nymboida Power Station.  Once I got there I began to feel very nervous and anxious, good thing the tour guys were very friendly and helpful, they gave us some instructions and made us put our gear, which included a life jacket and a helmet, right after that we began our adventure. I raft in a two people sport raft for two hours over 3 kilometers or rapid. Gosh! By the end I was extremely tired. I have to say, it is a very hard sport. I guess you have to have a lot of condition for it, which I don’t have. At the end of the day we had lunch and went back home. I really did enjoy rafting; I’m definitely going to do it again sometime in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment